The Utilities Department is responsible for water and wastewater services, which include delivering high quality drinking water and irrigation water to customers and collecting and treating wastewater in a manner that is protective of public health and the environment.
The Utilities Department is organized into two main divisions: Water Services and Wastewater Services. The Water Services division includes the water supply, treatment, distribution, irrigation, and utility billing functions. The Wastewater Services Division includes wastewater collections, treatment, industrial pretreatment, and environmental laboratory functions. Utility Billing is included within the Utilities Department.
The Utilities Department maintains and operates infrastructure assets to ensure the reliability of the City’s water and wastewater systems including:
- 19 water reservoirs
- 40 miles of water supply lines
- 308 miles of water distribution piping
- 9,939 water meters
- 4,613 valves
- 1,206 fire hydrants
- Irrigation system for the Ridges development area and the Redlands Mesa Golf Course
- 16 million gallons per day municipal water treatment plant
- 200 gallons per minute Kannah Creek water treatment plant
- 12.5 million gallons per day Persigo Wastewater Treatment Plant
- 588 miles of sewer lines
- 13,712 sewer manholes