The Grand Junction Police Department is excited to offer a fun and engaging student public safety academy this summer! This is a great opportunity for students who are considering a career in law enforcement, or for anyone who wants to learn more about police work. This highly interactive and hands-on experience will capture a wide variety of law enforcement topics, including:
- K9 demonstrations
- Crime Scene Investigation Scenarios
- Hands-on Driving Techniques
- Firearms Training Simulations
- Physical Ability Training Course Challenges
- DUI Detection Demonstration and Simulation
Class size for this unique opportunity is limited to 15 students, so apply early!
- Applicants must be between the ages of 16-20
- Applicants must complete a sports physical with a physician prior to acceptance
- Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license
To participate, please complete the following:
Paper forms can be obtained from the Grand Junction Police Department at 555 Ute Avenue.
Selected students must be able to provide their own transportation to and from the Grand Junction Police Department (555 Ute Avenue) each day. They must also provide their own sack lunch. Any student under the age of 18 must have permission from a parent/guardian to participate.
Applications must be returned to the Grand Junction Police Department by Wednesday, May 15. Completed applications, as well as the other required documentation, can be emailed to SRO@gjcity.org, or they can be dropped off at the Police Department at 555 Ute Avenue. Questions? We can’t wait to answer them. Reach out to our officers at SRO@gjcity.org.