Online Reporting is Available:
Registered Sex Offenders:
The Records and Data Management Unit is responsible for data records and case management of approximately 19,000 case reports each year. That includes supplemental investigations, non-criminal activity, bicycle registrations, business licenses, registered sex offender files, and traffic accident and traffic citations. Each of the eight records specialists is master certified through the Colorado Certified Records Network. Their training includes extensive knowledge of Colorado Open Records Act.
Police records are “paperless” and available to the public by emailing the completed form to PDRecords@gjcity.org or faxing it to 970-549-5002.
- They can also be picked up at the front counter of the police department which is located at 555 Ute Avenue.
- Copies of police records are billed at $0.25 per page. Additional fees for research and redaction may be included if applicable.
- The police lobby is open to the public from 7:00am to 5:00pm Monday-Friday.
- Phone number: 970-549-5000
Evidence and Property
The Grand Junction Police Department Evidence and Property Unit is responsible for managing and storing items collected or seized during police investigations and operations. An item is cataloged and stored so that it can be protected while in our custody and retrieved when needed for court proceedings or when it is time to return it to its owner.
- Members of the public wanting to pick up property or evidence need to schedule an appointment with our evidence technicians. Please call 970-549-5150 to schedule an appointment.
- Completed evidence copy request forms can be dropped off in the police department lobby or emailed to email@example.com (preferred).
- All requests require a $6.00 Non-refundable processing fee (additional charges may vary).
- Multiple recordings cannot be combined.
- Discs are billed at $6.00 per disc.
- Photocopies - $1.00 up to 4 pages; $.25 per page after 4 pages.
- Search and Redaction time over 1 hour will be billed at $5.00 per ¼ hour.
- Allow two weeks for processing from the date received in Evidence – rush requests must be specified as such.
- Please call 970-549-5150 if you have any questions regarding the status of a request.
- Please submit audio requests by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred), fax to 970-245-7206, or drop off at GJPD records department.
- Allow two weeks for processing from the date received by GJRCC. RUSH requests must be clearly specified as rush.
- All requests are billed at $6.00 per recording. Multiple recordings cannot be combined. A non-refundable processing fee of $6.00 is required for all requests.
- Please call 970-549-5405 if you have any questions regarding the status of a request.
Policing with honor and distinction
|We are committed to enhancing
community safety, reducing fear of crime, and elevating the quality of life through partnerships and innovative policing initiatives.