Police Department

Phone: 970-549-5000
Address: 555 Ute Avenue
Grand Junction, CO 81501

Online Reporting Frequently Asked Questions

Below are some frequently asked questions regarding our online incident reporting system.  If you have a question that isn't addressed here, you can call (970)242-6707 to speak with an officer.  If you have suggestions or feedback about this system, we'd love to hear from you.  Please email your comments to


How do I enter an address?

Here are a few examples of how to enter an address into the online reporting system.  If the address is located on a highway, you should list the name of the highway under the St Name field, and leave the St Type blank.

St# St Dir St Name St Type
123   Main St
456 S Busy Ave
789   Highway 50  


What do I do if online reporting is not right for me?

If you need to report an emergency, call 9-1-1.  If your incident is not an emergency, you can call (970)242-6707 to speak with an officer who will take your report.


What if my incident happened outside of the City Limits of Grand Juction?  Can I still file a report using this system?

The Grand Junction Police Department can only accept reports for incidents that occur within our jurisdiction.  If your incident took place outside of the City Limits of Grand Junction, you need to file your report with the corresponding agency.  If your incident took place in Grand Junction, but you're not sure if it happened within City Limits or not, you can check here.  If you don't know where the incident occurred, and you wish to file a report, please call non-emergency dispatch at (970)242-6707.


What if I don't have all the information I need to file my report online?  Can I go back to my report later and finish it?

There is no save feature available for online reporting.  Please gather all relevant information, including dates, times, locations, and subject information, before you begin this process.


What if there is not a listed incident or crime type that matches the incident I want to report?

Only incidents that fall under one of the categories listed in the reporting system can be filed online.  If you don't see an appropriate match for what you want to report, please call non-emergency dispatch at (970)242-6707 and an officer will take your report.


I'm having technical issues that are preventing me from completing my report online.  What should I do?

Check the pop-up blocking settings in your browser.  Be sure it is set to allow pop-ups for this page.  If that doesn't fix the issues, please call non-emergency dispatch at (970)242-6707, and an officer will take your report.


Ready to begin your online report?  If so, click here. 

To return to the previous page, click here.