On 12/07/22, officers with the Grand Junction Police Department made an arrest in a fatal crash which occurred August 20, 2022. Brandon James Ibarra, 30, was arrested and booked into the Mesa County Detention Facility on the following charges:
- Vehicular Homicide (DUI)
- Vehicular Homicide (Reckless Driving)
- Drove Vehicle Under the Influence of Alcohol
- Drove Vehicle Under the Influence of Alcohol Per Se
- Reckless Driving
- Speeding (40+ over the limit)
- Drove Vehicle When Safety Belt Not in Use
On 08/20/22, officers with the GJPD responded to a fatal single vehicle crash at approximately 11:40 pm in the area of E Rd and Duffy Dr. Two adult males involved in the crash were traveling eastbound on E Rd when a rollover occurred. The driver, Ibarra, was transported to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. The passenger was ejected from the vehicle and died on scene. The Mesa County Coroner’s Office was responsible for releasing the identity of the deceased male.
No other information available at this time.