City of Grand Junction Projects with Travel Restrictions
24 Road and G Road Bridge Replacement Project
- G Road is closed from west of Spanish Trail Drive to 24 Road
- Access Canyon View Park from either 24 Road or 24 ½ Road only
- Detour route will be in place
- Paving of G Road will begin Tuesday
- Anticipated reopening -- Mid-August
Asphalt Seal Coat Program
- Various residential streets throughout the city
- Areas being treated will be closed for 24 hours
- Please visit the website for more information https://www.ha5info.com/grandjunction/
- High Density Mineral Bond (HA-5) and Chip Seal Projects Complete
Non-City of Grand Junction Projects with Travel Restrictions
CDOT Project-North Avenue between 1st Street and I-70B, Resurfacing Project
The current work zone is the west end of 29 ½ Rd. to 23rd St. Hot mix asphalt patching is scheduled for today, Friday, Aug. 5 from 28 ½ Rd. to 29 Rd. Work continues on concrete curb and median cover work on US 6/North Ave between 29 Rd. and 28 1/2 Rd. Work also includes curb and median cover removal and removal of light standard foundations between 23rd St. to 16th St. Boring and potholing continues at 23rd St.
Drivers should anticipate some Xcel utility work that will take place during the day. This work is not affiliated with the CDOT night project. Drivers are asked to please be aware of workers in the “cone zone” and to take it slow .
- Motorists should expect minimal delays through the work zone. The posted speed limit through the work zone is reduced to 20 mph in some areas between 7 p.m.-7 a.m.
- One lane of travel in each direction on US 6 North Avenue will always be maintained.
- Through lanes will be the outside travel lanes on North Avenue while median construction is being performed. Some limited daytime work is possible. Drivers should anticipate some restrictions to left hand turn movements within the work zone.
- There is a 10’ width restriction in place for freight and commercial vehicles during working hours. Freight and CMV are encouraged to use alternate routes.
- Utility work in the area is ongoing and will be taking place throughout the day.
- Anticipated completion -- Mid November
For information about the original design of this project please visit https://www.codot.gov/projects/us6-north-avenue-improvement
CONTACT THE CDOT PROJECT TEAM
Questions or concerns? Or to be added to CDOT's public outreach contact list to receive construction updates: