10/12/2021 UPDATE: Due to difficulties with the new sewer line installation as a result of the poor soil characteristics, the paving that was planned for October 12 was postponed. As a result, 24 Road will be closed for the remainder of the week.
24 Road between F ½ Road and G Road will be temporarily closed to vehicle traffic for the installation of underground utilities starting Monday, October 4, 2021. This closure is part of the larger G Road bridge replacement project is necessary to allow the City’s contractor to install a new waterline and sewer line that will extend east out of 24 Road. The closure is expected to last six days and 24 Road is anticipated to reopen to traffic on Sunday, October 10, 2021.
In order to construct the new G Road bridge, underground utilities must be relocated to accommodate the new bridge structure. The new waterline and sewer line are being relocated to the south of G Road and these utilities will be connecting into the existing waterline and sewer line in 24 Road.
The new G Road bridge location is shifted east approximately 75 feet from the existing G Road bridge. The span of the new bridge is being increased to accommodate a pedestrian underpass pathway. This underpass pathway will connect Canyon View Park with a future trail extension project, located on the south side of G Road. Utility relocations (sewer, water, storm, gas, electric, and communications) are included with this project and are necessary for new bridge construction and the existing bridge demolition.
This bridge replacement is the first project funded with Ballot Measure 2A Transportation Capacity Expansion Funds. This bridge project is the first component being completed as part of the larger 24 Road and G Road expansion project that will be happening in 2022. For more information on city projects, please visit www.gjcity.org.
- 24 Road between F ½ Road and G Road will be closed to traffic starting on Monday, October 4, 2021. It is anticipated that this road closure will be in effect from October 4th through October 9th. Two detour routes will be provided.
- G Road between 24 Road and Spanish Trail Drive will be reopened to traffic during the temporary 24 Road closure.
- The south entrance to Canyon View Park will remain closed during the 24 Road closure. The City’s contractor has construction trailers located in the south access to Canyon View Park. These construction trailers will not be relocated during the 24 Road closure.
- The 24 and G Road intersection will operate as a "T" intersection once 24 Road is closed.
Canyon View Park Access
- Access to Canyon View Park will be from the existing 24 Road entrance and the 24 ½ Road entrance.
- The diagonal parking along the northside of G Road will be available for park users to park in.
- Two detour routes will be provided during the 24 Road closure. The easterly detour route (Green) will utilize G Road, 24 ½ Road, and Patterson Road. The westerly detour route (Yellow) will utilize G Road, 23 Road, HWY 6 & 50, and Patterson Road. Please find the attached map detailing the road closure area and the alternate detour routes.
Contact: Greg LeBlanc, Sr. Assistant to the City Manager | 970-244 1557 or firstname.lastname@example.org