Becoming a Licensed Arborist

In order for a tree company to work in the City of Grand Junction, they must be first licensed through the City Forestry Board. Licenses are obtained by filling out an application, providing proof of insurance, providing proof of one International Society of Arboriculture certified arborist on staff, and a yearly fee. Licenses are in place to protect homeowners and trees.

Licensing Requirements

  • 2024 Application 
  • Licensing annual fee: $75 (not prorated)
  • Insurance Certificate listing the City of Grand Junction as additional insured
    • Liability Insurance showing combined single limits of $1,000,000 for each occurrence and $1,000,000 aggregate
    • Workman's Compensation Insurance.  If you work alone and do not hire anyone to assist you; you must provide a waiver of Workers Compensation which can be obtained through the City Attorney's Office. 
  • An ISA (International Society of Arboriculture) Certified Arborist on staff; certification number must be provided.  

Useful Links for Professional Tree Care

These are services for Licensing or Licensed Arborists

Do you have a tree on private property that needs tree care?

Hire a Licensed Tree Care Company (PDF)