Art Commission Grant
Applying for an Arts Commission Grant
The Commission on Arts and Culture invites proposals from organizations to support local arts and cultural events, projects, and programs. Any non-profit organization or governmental/educational agency in the state of Colorado bringing their project to Grand Junction may apply. No individuals or businesses.
The 2022 grant program opens Monday, December 6, 2021. Apply by February 1, 2022, by 5 p.m.
- Funding Available: $45,000 to non-profit arts and cultural organizations.
- Events must take place between March 31, 2022 - March 31, 2023.
- Requests may not exceed $4,200 for projects
Submitting a Grant Application: Apply for A Grant
The Commission is interested in how each project or cultural event impacts jobs in the creative industry, for the local non-profit arts and cultural community and local working artists of all types - performing, visual, literary, and historical/heritage.
This grant program, as with most grant programs, helps provide employment, sales, or performance opportunities for working artists and those who work for cultural non-profits by supporting a broad range of community cultural events, exhibits, presentations, and projects. It is important to remember that the arts are industry and that the business of art, in all its many forms, is an essential economic element of our community.
Have questions about the grant process?
Attend one of these workshops. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
- December 15, 2021 at 9 a.m. - 10 a.m., Lincoln Park Office - 1340 Gunnison Avenue
- January 12, 2022 at 3 p.m. - 4p.m., Lincoln Park Office - 1340 Gunnison Avenue
You may contact us with questions.