The majority of violations reported to this division for investigation include, but are not limited to:
- Outdoor storage and unlicensed/inoperable vehicles
- Storage of trailers/campers
- Sidewalks with snow/debris
- Wood stoves
- Yard sales
Procedures for Processing Violations
- A reported violation is assigned to a code enforcement officer for inspection.
- If a violation is found, voluntary compliance is requested.
- The officer works with property owners and tenants to achieve compliance in a reasonable time frame, commonly 10 days.
- If a violation is not corrected in ten days a Notice of Violation may be issued.
- Failure to respond to the Notice of Violation or willful reoccurrence of a violation may result in an administrative citation and associated fines or a summons into Grand Junction Municipal Court.
- Non-compliant junk and trash violations may be corrected by the City with the cost billed to the property owner.
Some complaints are not city code violations but rather civil matters between people.