The Grand Junction Police Department and the Mesa County Sheriff's Office Alternative Sentencing Unit have teamed up to create the T.A.G. (Taking Away Graffiti) program.
T.A.G. offers a free graffiti removal and abatement program. If you own, manage or lease property in the city limits or within Mesa County, you qualify to have graffiti removed. This program is intended to clean up any old graffiti and to encourage property owners to remove recent graffiti quickly, which discourages repeat vandalism.
Call 243-WASH (243-9274) to report graffiti
Call 9-1-1 if the vandalism is in progress.
If you plan to remove the graffiti yourself please call so a case can be filed. Documenting
the vandalism helps the Police Department track and catch the offenders.
Please take a look at our Graffiti Brochure
If you are interested in removing graffiti on your property:
* Call 243-WASH (243-9274) and listen for the prompts that will take you to either the City's reporting line or Mesa County's reporting line.
* Remember old graffiti is eligible for removal.
* This is a free service. Costs of removal will be covered by the T.A.G. Program.
* Owners can choose to provide matching paint and still use the sentencing unit to do the removal.
* No restoration of property will be provided.
Graffiti will be abated using a closely matching paint color, chemical remover, power wash and/or sandblasting equipment. This program does not include restoration to the building.
The property owner or authorized agent must sign the Graffiti Removal Program Authorization Form to allow abatement. You can:
*Drop it off at the Grand Junction Police Department at 555 Ute Ave.
*Fax it to 970-549-5002
For more information on the T.A.G. program, please call 970-549-5114.
Thank you for your continuous efforts in keeping Grand Junction a beautiful community!